- 1 Distant past
- 2 17th Century
- 3 18th Century
- 4 19th Century
- 5 20th Century
- 6 21st Century
- 7 22nd Century
- 8 23rd Century
- 9 24th Century
- 10 2380's
- For more indepth details see Distant Past.
The Distant past spans the time beginning with the formation of the universe up until 1 BC on the Earth calendar. This epoch saw the creation of numerous civilizations and the destruction of others. Early History covers the years from 1 AD until 1600 on the Earth calendar. During this time, alien societies throughout the galaxy experienced changes that would least for centuries to come. The establishment of the Klingon warrior code, The Vulcan Time of Awakening, and the establishment of the Romulan Empire all take place during this epoch.
- For more indepth details see 17th Century.
The 17th century, defined as the years from 1601 to 1700 on the Earth calendar, was a period of scientific and philosophical growth for humanity. Galileo proved the Earth was not the center of the universe and Newton’s devised his laws of motion during this time.
- For more indepth details see 18th Century.
During the 18th century, 1701 to 1800 on the Earth calendar, Humans built upon the advances of the previous century. Societal changes led to a few major revolutionary wars, while advances in science led to the birth of the Industrial Revolution in the latter half of the century.
- For more indepth details see 19th Century.
The 19th century spans the Earth calendar years of 1801 until 1900. This period saw the establishment of the Cardassian Union, the loss of the Suliban homeworld, and the founding of the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- For more indepth details see 20th Century.
The 20th century, defined in the calendar of Earth as the period from 1901 to 2000, was a violent and tense time on Earth, with major conflicts like World War I, World War II, the Cold War and the Eugenics Wars. The dominance gained by the United States of America during these wars would prove to be a crucial circumstance in the prehistory of the Federation.
- For more indepth details see 21st Century.
The 21st century, defined in the calendar of Earth as the period from 2001 to 2100, was a decisive turning point in Human_history. After World War III devastated large parts of Earth, Zefram Cochrane made First contact with the Vulcans, ushering in a new era of peace, unity and development for Humankind.
- For more indepth details see 22nd Century.
The 22nd century, defined in the calendar of Earth as the period from 2101 to 2200, was a period of change for Earth. In the early part of the century, Earth reshaped its society under the paternalistic guidance of the Vulcans. The mid-century was a particularly eventful time, with the launch of Earth's first starship capable of speeds up to Warp 5, the Xindi attack on Earth, and the Earth-Romulan War. Contacts and alliances made in the 2150s paved the way for the founding of the United Federation of Planets in 2161.
- For more indepth details see 23rd Century.
The 23rd century, defined in the calendar of Earth as being from 2201 until 2300, was a period of expansion for the United Federation of Planets with humans and other founding species, such as Vulcans, at the forefront of exploration. The long-running conflict with the Klingons, begun in the 22nd Century, was a major topic of this century's history, as was the rekindling of tensions with the Romulans. Of particular note are the voyages of the starship USS Enterprise, NCC-1701, and the careers of its long-serving command staff under James T. Kirk.
- For more indepth details see 24th Century.
The 24th century, defined in the calendar of Earth as being from 2301 until 2400, was a period of great conflict and political upheaval between the various races and organizations of the Milky Way Galaxy. In the latter half, the Federation would make contact with several new species and civilizations, including powerful new races such as the Q, the Ferengi, the Dominion, the Borg, the latter two of whom attacked the Federation on several occasions. The Romulan Star Empire entered a second period of isolation, lasting approximately fifty years, from which they emerged far stronger than ever before. The Borg attempted to assimilate Earth twice, first in 2366 and again in 2373. The latter year also saw the beginning of the Dominion War, which ended in 2375, with several of the major powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants joining together to defeat the Dominion.
In addition, the Federation made its first explorations of the Delta and Gamma Quadrants during the latter half of this century. Additionally, in 2387, the Romulan system was destroyed by a supernova which, due to the actions of Ambassador Spock and a disgruntled Romulan called Nero.
The late 23rd and the 24th Centuries saw four starships with the name Solaria enter service, culminating with the current incarnation in 2382.
- The Federation begins providing material and humanitarian aid to the devastated Romulan Star Empire, and attempts to facilitate negotiations for the re-establishment of permanent government. A weakened Romulan State allows the Klingon Empire to instigate several border conflicts as the Empire seeks to expand into systems formerly annexed from them by the Romulans in centuries past.
- Prometheus class USS Solaria is commissioned in a ceremony at Earth under the command of Captain Thalek th'Zorati.
- Command of the USS Solaria is transferred to Captain Colby Drayton upon th'Zorati's transfer to Starfleet Tactical. Under the command of her new Captain, Colby Drayton, Starfleet deemed it highly important for the Captain to unite a fragile crew behind their new leader at a time when an outsider would only complicate matters and the crew responded in kind. The Solaria picked up the mission that the Achilles had been unable to complete in the Gavarian Corridor and her crew would not be perturbed by the violence and losses they had suffered in the past. Instead, they strengthened their resolve until eventually, the crews' mission was completed and trade routes through the corridor were negotiated and Starfleet Command was agreed as the force to patrol the Corridor so that neither the Cardassians nor the Romulans would require a military presence in the area.
- With their mission complete, the Solaria began a tour around the core worlds of the Federation, ferrying diplomats, transferring precious cargo and supplies to different areas of operations around Federation space.
- The Klingon Empire recovers from its losses during the Dominion War. The threat of intervention by the Federation is now all that prevents a Klingon-Gorn War.
- Several skirmishes occur between Klingon and Gorn starships in the region between the two powers, as each seeks to expand their borders into unclaimed space. The Federation lodges official notices of disapproval to the Klingon and Gorn embassies.
- USS Endeavour NCC-86105 under Commander Benjamin J. Byrne.
- The USS Endeavour becomes the second-ever vessel to make contact with the Metrons. The Metrons sent the Endeavour to another galaxy in order to test them and see if they could resolve an inter-species dispute without resorting to violence. Though the Endeavour failed the test from the Metron's perspective, Vice Admiral Sanchez and Commander Byrne brand the Metrons as barbaric for the methods of their tests, and the admiral tells them that they could talk again when the Metrons had become more civilised.
- The Metrons contact the Federation, and request for a diplomatic envoy to visit them. After a tense 'test' undergone by the crew of the USS Endeavour, diplomatic contact is not continued.
- The Romulan Senate learns of a star going supernova that poses a threat to the entire galaxy. They task Ambassador Spock to pilot a specialized ship, equipped with red matter, with the intent to engulf the supernova by creating an artificial black hole.
- The supernova reaches Romulus, destroying the planet.
- Spock launches red matter into the supernova, creating the artificial black hole and neutralizing the star. The resulting black hole consumes his ship along with the nearby Romulan mining vessel Narada commanded by Nero.
- The USS Endeavour is infested with an alien life form comparable to giant non-sentient flying insects whilst Captain Byrne and is on a diplomatic away mission. The crew are able to eradicate most of the creatures and restore control to the ship, and the surviving aliens are sent back to Starfleet for analysis.
- USS Vesta NX-94200 under Commodore Emily Quinn and Commander Valerie Palmer.
- The USS Solaria found its way back to the Gavarian corridor following the explosion of the Hobus star in Romulan space.
- Solaria formed part of Starfleet’s forces that patrolled the Corridor and dealt with refugees that flooded into the area and made it their new home. She oversaw the organisation of the 5th Fleet’s efforts in Gavarian space. Solaria and the 5th fleet remained in the corridor long after the 4th fleets forces were withdrawn.
Prior to October 1st, 2388
- USS Solaria arrives back at Utopia Planitia Fleetyards for repairs and the crew are debrief at Starfleet Headquarters. After a series of intense debriefings and meetings with the Admiralty, Captain Nisea receives new orders for her ship; to transfer to the 4th fleet's Task Force 9 and travel to the Gamma Quadrant.
Stardate 65750.69: October 1st, 2388
- USS Solaria arrives at New Bajor and Captain Nisea meets Vice Admiral Lauren Archer to discuss new orders for the ship.
- Captain Nisea receives confirmation of her reassignment. A change of command ceremony takes place at 1700 hours with Captain Nilni Azulas (Trill) and Commander Seth Cohen (Terran) forming the new command team of the Solaria. Captain Nisea transfers to New Bajor for orders.
- Solaria departs for the Rakhar system.